COVID-19 League Modifications
- We are committed to providing the highest levels of safety for our community. To ensure player and staff safety, we have implemented mandatory 'Safe Return to Play Protocol & Guidelines' for all Club Activities. In order to play with SSC and stay in good standing, the following guidelines MUST be followed. A zero-tolerance policy is in place for those who challenge these decisions.
- To ensure a successful season, please remember to practice safe physical distancing and a positive attitude!
- All players are required to read, understand, and adhere to the following:
Team Safety Ambassador (TSA)
- All teams must assign a Team Safety Ambassador (TSA) for the season.
- The TSA must be a registered player and identified using the “TSA” label in your online roster.
- TSA Role:
- Watch a pre-season Safe Return to Play training video.
- Keep a record of attendance at each game. This record may be called upon for contact tracing.
- Ensure individual wellness checks “COVID-19 Self Screening” are completed by each player prior to each game.
- Ask players to leave the game if they arrive showing symptoms of cold or flu.
- Ensure physical distancing measures are enforced by your team. Physical distancing of two meters is mandatory when players are arriving on-site, resting/sitting on the sidelines, and departing the game.
- Players must always stay within their designated bench or standing area while not on the playing surface.
- Ensure your team follows posted ENTER / EXIT signage at facilities (controlled traffic flow).
- Remind all players to arrive on time and leave immediately after the game is over.
- Ensure your team is following the equipment sanitization requirements for your sport.
- Ensure all players have read and understand mandatory Club COVID-19 Protocols.
League Modifications due to COVID-19
- As part of our "Safe Return to Play" format, we are focusing on the safety of our staff and players and leaning into the FUN and SOCIAL aspects of our leagues!
- League Guidelines
- Returning Sprummer 2021: There will not be trophies or prizing this season, however, leagues will have playoffs, scores and standings.
- When possible, leagues will be played in smaller Tiers to ensure limited contact with opponents throughout the season. Tiers will be determined based on skill rankings (at registration) and past league results.
- Each Tier will be confined to a limited number of facilities. You will play at consistent location(s) throughout the season. Please note, we are unable to accommodate or make facility changes based on individual requests this season.
- Depending on facility requirements, game times may be staggered to ensure safe traffic flow.
- Players are asked to compete with a “Play On” mentality. No arguing or disputing calls made during the game.
- If provincial public health regulations are updated, league modifications may adjust accordingly.
Spirit Point Reporting
- Game Scores (account for 75% of total points): Team captains are responsible for reporting the spirit scores after your game by logging into your player profile and clicking on ‘My Team’ tab and selecting ‘Report Score/Spirit Points’. Teams have a 48-hour window to report scores after the completion of the game.
- Spirit Points (account for 25% of total points): Spirit points are awarded to a team from their opponent after each game to encourage sportsmanship, honesty, integrity and fair play. For more information and how to properly award spirit points, please see our section ‘All About Spirit Points’.
- All players must be added to the team roster by the team captain. This process confirms that all players have electronically agreed (checked the box) to our policies and online waiver.
- All sports have a maximum ‘game-day’ roster size shown in the sport-specific rules below. Teams are not permitted to exceed this specific number of players at each game.
- Teams are permitted to carry more players on their online rosters.
- Substitute players are permitted; however, must be added to the online team roster.
- For a player to be eligible for a playoff game, the following criteria must be met, or the team will default the game:
- Be on the SSC online team roster.
- Play a minimum of two regular season games in a 6–10-week season, or three regular season games in an 11–14-week season.
- Play for only one team per league/pool in playoff games. If a player plays for two teams, the second game will be defaulted.
- A default will occur if a team cannot field a squad by 15 minutes after the official start time. If a team does not meet the standard eligibility requirements, team captains must confirm the outcome prior to starting the game. Captains may agree to waive the rules regarding minimum players. IF IT IS AGREED THAT THE GAME COUNTS, IT COUNTS! In the event there is a default dispute, and the game was played, the SSC ruling is that the game counts.
- In the event of inclement weather, follow the sport specific instruction below. To view our general SSC foul weather policy click here.
Rough Play & Player Conduct
- It is recognized that incidental contact between players is inevitable – however, all players should go out of their way to avoid creating unsafe play.
- Any unsportsmanlike conduct may result in immediate expulsion from the league. This includes, physical or rough play, verbal abuse, damage to facility property and/or loss of facility permit. Fighting will result in immediate expulsion from the league. To view our Unsportsmanlike Conduct policy click here.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages, use of drugs and smoking at your game site before, during, or after your game is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be asked to leave the league without refund. No Exceptions.
Game Coordinator (GC) On-site SSC Staff
- A GC presence is dependent on sport, season, and/or facility locations. They are not referees, as all games are self-officiated. They are on-site to be a neutral supporter of both teams, clarify rules, manage equipment, start/stop games, and to inform players of league news.
- Game Coordinators may stop a game before the full time has expired due to overly aggressive play, persistent unsportsmanlike conduct or a general violation of the rules of the game.
- As players, we believe that it is important you understand our expectations of those representing our leagues. Many of the guidelines that our League Representatives are held to impact you. If a League Representative asks you to comply to one of these guidelines, please know this is a mandatory condition of play. Please review our Safe Return to Play Guidelines – League Representative.